BCC MIDRANGE WOOFER
TIDAL's exclusive BCC driver technology is the result of the Accuton TIDAL cooperation for more than a decade and are to find only in TIDAL speakers. The diaphragm itself is a special coated black ceramic diaphragm and uses a long excursion motor design perfectly designed for the two identical driver chambers.
Embedded in a special shaped ring out of hand polished massive stainless steel to avoid reflections from the protection grill. Needless to say that this driver does guarantee absolutely no compromise for the performance and reliability.
Mounted in a hermetically shielded chamber: pure copper foil capacitors, coils of the same caliber, silver-carbon resistors - only the finest components with proven long time stability are used for our crossovers. Unfortunately, these components are also the most expensive ones and are custom-built for TIDAL. Whether any part must be that expensive is a meaningless question and, for one thing, not one that should arise from budgetary restraints. Only the final result is what counts to us and considerations of cost do not enter into the equation.
Our guiding principle is to present our customers with the highest possible degree of reality in musical rendition. Anything less is already amply available but does not meet TIDAL's demands. That is why literally every component is scrutinously evaluated and selected on the understanding that it has be the one without alternative for its specific purpose. So for example even our smallest speaker is equipped with massive DUELUND copper capacitors.
TIDAL PIANO VELVETEC™
The TIDAL Piano Velvetec™ is a special edition in 4 vibrant colors, equipped with a 30mm graphite coated ceramic tweeter. TIDAL's proprietary finish VELVETEC™ is a special choice for the Piano series exclusively. VELVETEC™ is an unique silky-matt, both light absorbing/reflecting ceramic particle lacquer. It does allow us to offer all merits of a TIDAL speaker first time within a shorter waiting time - simply because the drying time is factor 30 smaller.
Though it is a special and exclusive enough to be offered from us a true TIDAL finish. VELVETEC™ is non fading in color nor will it not bleach over time or starting to get yellowish, especially in white. It is also durable and not delicate to finger prints. Available in summit white and jet black, and as limited edition in sonoma orange and amethyst, the contrast of all the polished stainless steel details and VELVETEC™ itself makes it the perfect choice for both contemporary and classic interior designs.
- multi chamber cabinet made out of TIDAL's proprietary cabinet material TIRADUR
- 1 x 30 mm (1,2") diamond tweeter TAD-30. (Piano VELVETEC™: 1 x 30 mm (1,2") graphite coated ceramic tweeter TAGC-30)
- 2 x 173 mm (7") BCC midrange woofer with low distortion long excursion motor design TAC-170MW 1 x 30 mm (1,2") diamond tweeter TAD-30 (an exclusive ACCUTON TIDAL cooperation)
- passive crossover network with ultra low tolerance components, exclusive use of costume tailored DUELUND pure copper-capacitors, metalfilm-resistors, silver-carbon resistors, air-core-inductors, ultra low resistance bass-inductor
- passive crossover is microphonic and hermetically isolated in a separated chambers
- total weight of the passive crossover construction itself: 13 Kg / 28 lbs.
- adjustable tweeter curve (hard room-refections / soft room-reflections)
- excellent low level listening reproduction
- pure silver TIDAL binding posts for perfect contact
- TIDAL Varioterminal for three different setup: pure 2-way (for very small rooms), linear 2.5-way (for medium sized rooms), gained 2.5-way (for bigger rooms or more bass in medium sized rooms)
- 4-part TIDAL stainless steel isolators
- 8 x trigger bars out of massive stainless steel, high gloss polished, the position of the variofeet can be mounted in parallel or sloped back, both on the frontside and/or backside
- cabinet finish: original TIDAL piano lacquer in midnight black.
- cabinet finish: finest hand selected veneers in TIDAL's original transparent piano lacquer.
- Piano VELVETEC™ Limited Edition choices: sonoma orange / amethyst / summit white / jet black
- other finishes: on request
- the TIDAL Piano / Piano Diacera is being delivered in one ATA-flightcase for the most safest transport
- nominal power handling: 150 / 300 VA
- nominal impedance: 4 Ohm
- recommended power amplifier: > 30 watt. Very easy impedance load, no impedance drop below 4 ohm.
- speaker dimensions: 116 cm x 24,5 cm x 36,5 cm / 45,7" high x 9,6" wide x 14,4" deep
- dimensions with vario feet (from ground to top): 121 cm high / 47,6" high
- speaker weight without packaging: 2 x 65 Kg / 2 x 143 lbs.
- shipping weight with packaging: 2 x 101 Kg / 2 x 223 lbs.
- shipping dimensions: 2 flightcase, 134 cm length x 39 cm width x 51 cm height / 53" length x 16" width x 20" height