The Sunray G2 generation offers a complete new speaker from the inside while having the iconic and unique outer design only subtle improved - such as all classics. It uses all completely new developed BCC-drivers, a new crossover topology, TIDAL's proprietary cabinet material TIRALIT. An all-new designed backside terminal with pure silver binding posts is the entry for the finest signals one like to feed this speaker with.
- multi chamber cabinet made out of TIDAL's proprietary cabinet material TIRALIT
- seperated self-adjusting modules for high-midrange and bass: 2 x TIDAL-NV-bass modules, 1 x TIDAL-ND-RMD high-midrange modules, cabinet-walls up to 5" thick, optimized internal airflow
- step response controlled point-source bass reproduction: the bass is being reproduced around the high-midrange source. harmonic excitation of room-modes for a very even and symmetrical first reflexion in the room, therefore very uncritical to place even in smaller rooms
- quasi-infinite front-baffle by 'pneumatic-airwall', phaseshift-controlled submodules, phase controlled cabinet correction for real recording reproductions without "blowing it up" to unreal dimensions
- 1 x 30 mm (1,2") diamond tweeter (an exclusive Accuton TIDAL cooperation)
- 2 x 173 mm (7") BCC midrange woofer with low distortion motor (an exclusive Accuton TIDAL cooperation)
- 4 x 222 mm (9") long excursion BCC woofer (an exclusive Accuton TIDAL cooperation)
- unique AEROTUNE-System and VARIOGAIN, 2-times adjustable, makes it very flexible and uncritical in room placement.
- passive crossover network with ultra low tolerance components, exclusive use of costume tailored Duelund-copper-capacitors, metalfilm-resistors, silver-carbon resistors, air-core-inductors, ultra low resistance bass-inductor
- passive crossover is microphonic and hermetically isolated in a separated chambers
- total weight of the passive crossover construction: 25 Kg / 55 lbs.
- adjustable diamond-tweeter curve (hard room-refections / soft room-reflections)
- pure silver binding posts for perfect contact, isolated massive aluminum knobs on fiberglass isolation core, adjustable bi-wiring / passive bi-amping / active bi-amping double-terminal
- special 5-part TIDAL stainless steel isolators
- 8 x trigger bars out of massive stainless steel, 32 Kg (70 lbs.) per speaker, high gloss hand-polished
- serial cabinet finish: original TIDAL piano lacquer in midnight black
- optional cabinet finishes: the worlds finest hand selected veneers in TIDAL's original transparent piano lacquer.
- other finishes: on request
- the TIDAL Sunray is being delivered in 2 x ATA-flightcase for the most safest transport
- nominal power handling: 200 / >500 VA
- nominal impedance: 4 Ohm
- recommended power amplifier: 20 watt and up. Very easy impedance load also for tube amps
- to use the whole enormous dynamic range of it and listening complex music also from time to time very loud we recommend >200 watts at 4 ohm
- speaker dimensions: 199 cm x 34 cm x 60 cm / 78,3" high x 13,4" wide x 23,6" deep
- dimensions with vario feet (from ground to top): 206 cm high / 81" high
- speaker weight without packaging: 2 x 322 Kg / 2 x 702 lbs.
- shipping weight with packaging: 2 x 380 Kg / 2 x 830 lbs.
- shipping dimensions: 2 flightcases, each flight case is 125 cm length x 80 cm width x 100 cm height / 50" length x 31,5" width x 39" height