TIDAL Sunray. The G2 generation of it is the successor of the first generation TIDAL Sunray, built from 2003 - 2013. The first generation Sunray was and still is - very literally - a Statement, beyond the alleged top league and must allow only one comparison: a very good seat in a live concert. Reference reviews and many 'Best Sound of Show' from the most important magazines worldwide were the result and lead to an actually incredible number of sales given the exclusivity of this speaker.
The Sunray G2 generation offers a complete new speaker from the inside while having the iconic and unique outer design only subtle improved - such as all classics. It uses all completely new developed BCC-drivers, a new crossover topology, TIDAL's proprietary cabinet material TIRALIT. An all-new designed backside terminal with pure silver binding posts is the entry for the finest signals one like to feed this speaker with.
TIDAL SUNRAY SPECIALTIES
Learn more in depth about the TIDAL Sunray.
- multi chamber cabinet made out of TIDAL's proprietary cabinet material TIRALIT
- seperated self-adjusting modules for high-midrange and bass: 2 x TIDAL-NV-bass modules, 1 x TIDAL-ND-RMD high-midrange modules, cabinet-walls up to 5" thick, optimized internal airflow
- step response controlled point-source bass reproduction: the bass is being reproduced around the high-midrange source. harmonic excitation of room-modes for a very even and symmetrical first reflexion in the room, therefore very uncritical to place even in smaller rooms
- quasi-infinite front-baffle by 'pneumatic-airwall', phaseshift-controlled submodules, phase controlled cabinet correction for real recording reproductions without "blowing it up" to unreal dimensions
- 1 x 30 mm (1,2") diamond tweeter (an exclusive Accuton TIDAL cooperation)
- 2 x 173 mm (7") BCC midrange woofer with low distortion motor (an exclusive Accuton TIDAL cooperation)
- 4 x 222 mm (9") long excursion BCC woofer (an exclusive Accuton TIDAL cooperation)
- unique AEROTUNE-System and VARIOGAIN, 2-times adjustable, makes it very flexible and uncritical in room placement.
- passive crossover network with ultra low tolerance components, exclusive use of costume tailored Duelund-copper-capacitors, metalfilm-resistors, silver-carbon resistors, air-core-inductors, ultra low resistance bass-inductor
- passive crossover is microphonic and hermetically isolated in a separated chambers
- total weight of the passive crossover construction: 25 Kg / 55 lbs.
- adjustable diamond-tweeter curve (hard room-refections / soft room-reflections)
- pure silver binding posts for perfect contact, isolated massive aluminum knobs on fiberglass isolation core, adjustable bi-wiring / passive bi-amping / active bi-amping double-terminal
- special 5-part TIDAL stainless steel isolators
- 8 x trigger bars out of massive stainless steel, 32 Kg (70 lbs.) per speaker, high gloss hand-polished
- serial cabinet finish: original TIDAL piano lacquer in midnight black
- optional cabinet finishes: the worlds finest hand selected veneers in TIDAL's original transparent piano lacquer.
- other finishes: on request
- the TIDAL Sunray is being delivered in 2 x ATA-flightcase for the most safest transport
- nominal power handling: 200 / >500 VA
- nominal impedance: 4 Ohm
- recommended power amplifier: 20 watt and up. Very easy impedance load also for tube amps
- to use the whole enormous dynamic range of it and listening complex music also from time to time very loud we recommend >200 watts at 4 ohm
- speaker dimensions: 199 cm x 34 cm x 60 cm / 78,3" high x 13,4" wide x 23,6" deep
- dimensions with vario feet (from ground to top): 206 cm high / 81" high
- speaker weight without packaging: 2 x 322 Kg / 2 x 702 lbs.
- shipping weight with packaging: 2 x 380 Kg / 2 x 830 lbs.
- shipping dimensions: 2 flightcases, each flight case is 125 cm length x 80 cm width x 100 cm height / 50" length x 31,5" width x 39" height