TIRALIT™ ULTRA CABINET
The cabinet of the TIDAL Akira is made out of TIDAL's proprietary cabinet material TIRALIT™. This cabinet material combines the rigidity of hard materials such as metal with the resonance absorbing behavior of softer materials such as wooden materials like MDF. While TIRADUR is 30mm thick, TIRALIT goes even further and is 42mm thick and combines more single layers. The materials itself, the process of making it and how the material reacts when it is getting excited by vibrations and resonances - all this we put into consideration when we designed it.
It is the only advanced cabinet material allowing to use organic surfaces such as our famous polished veneers, as well as true polyester piano lacquer. So when you see the Akira in our most beautiful veneers or our shiny black piano finish - don't make the mistake to think the cabinet is out of wooden materials or MDF.
DIAMOND MIDRANGE WOOFER
TIDAL's exclusive 13cm (5") midrange woofer is the result of the Accuton TIDAL cooperation for more than 14 years and is to find only in TIDAL speakers, Akira and La Assoluta. The diaphragm itself is made out of pure diamond. And with that we do not mean 'diamond coated'. No, we mean the real thing: 13 carat pure diamond thru and thru, the hardest material on earth. It works like an ideal piston, free of resonances and has the best heat-sinking capability of all materials as well. Therefore the huge voicecoil is also perfectly cooled all the time and does not change its parameters.
First time ever and exclusive in TIDAL speakers one can use this material to reproduce way lower frequencies than ever before, since this driver has not only the biggest diamond diaphragm on earth, but also it can move 7 mm, so we are talking about a driver covering frequencies from 100 Hz and playing perfectly all the way up to the diamond tweeter. This driver not only is second to none in all its details and design, much more important: the result is.
The TIDAL Akira is designed to play ultra-precise even at the deepest frequencies. Each Akira is equipped at the backside with five long excursion passive radiators to support support the front firing woofers with a very deep and low distortion reproduction of bass frequencies without any kind of movement noise. With this special configuration we do excite the bass modes very evenly within the room from all together 16 sources (2 x 3 front woofers and 2 x 5 backside passive radiators), therefore the bass and deep bass reproduction as far less critical to the room like with other designs.
Here as well our polished stainless steel rings are not only our famous detail - and we cherish the details - it is designed to clamp the drivers absolutely tight into the TIRALIT cabinet.
Like all TIDAL loudspeakers, the Akira has our unique pure silver binding posts. The complex construction is of a fibre-reinforced polymeric material that avoids any inductive electromagnetic field. As a conductor we use pure silver to guarantee the least resistance and no loss nor change of the incoming music signal.
The massive metal feel of the knobs comes from that it is hand polished and structured aluminum over an isolating part out of another polymer. The Akira is designed to be connected in single amp mode without compromise. The complex internal passive crossover takes care of anything else. As an option the Akira offers the possibility for electrical grounding.
- multi chamber cabinet made out of TIDAL's proprietary cabinet material TIRALIT Ultra.
- 1 x 30 mm (1,2") 1 carat pure diamond tweeter TAD-30-EX (an exclusive ACCUTON TIDAL project)
- 1 x 127 mm (5") 13 carat pure diamond midrange-woofer TAD-MW (an exclusive ACCUTON TIDAL project)
- 3 x 190 mm (7.5") long excursion woofer TAS-190W-EX (an exclusive ACCUTON TIDAL project), semi-pointsource crossover-control
- 5 x 190 mm (7.5") long excursion radiator TAS-190PR-EX (an exclusive ACCUTON TIDAL project)
- TIDAL UNOPULSE passive crossover: TIDAL proprietary design to reproduce signals with an excellent step response and linear frequency response
- network with ultra low tolerance components, exclusive use of costume tailored DUELUND-copper-capacitors (silver/copper), metalfilm-resistors, silver-carbon resistors, silver air-core-inductors, ultra low resistance bass-inductor
- passive crossover is microphonic and hermetically isolated in a separated chamber, total weight of the passive crossover construction: 20 Kg / 44 lbs.
- pure silver binding posts for perfect contact, isolated massive aluminum knobs on fiberglass isolation core
- ground connection binding post
- special 5-part TIDAL stainless steel isolators
- 8 x trigger bars out of massive stainless steel, 32 Kg (70 lbs.) per speaker, high gloss hand-polished
- serial cabinet finish: original TIDAL piano lacquer in midnight black
- optional cabinet finishes: finest hand selected veneers in TIDAL's original transparent piano lacquer.
- other finishes: on request
- free option: polished stainless steel side panel with AKIRA engraving
- the TIDAL Akira is being delivered in 2 x ATA-flightcase for the most safest transport
- nominal power handling: 400 / 800 VA
- nominal impedance: 4 Ohm
- recommended amplifier power: > 30 watt. Very easy impedance load, no impedance drop below 4 ohm
- speaker dimensions: 140 cm x 29 cm x 55 cm / 55" high x 11.5" wide x 22" deep
- dimensions with vario feet (from ground to top): 148 cm high / 58" high
- speaker weight without flight cases: 2 x 158 Kg / 2 x 348 lbs.
- shipping weight with flight cases (transport weight): 2 x 182 Kg / 2 x 401 lbs.
- shipping dimensions: 2 flightcases, each flight case is 162 cm length x 42 cm width x 71 cm height / 64" length x 16.5" width x 28" height